- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut off top and bottom of each beet
- Lightly scrub the outside under water and dry
- Drizzle some olive oil onto each beet
- Wrap each one individually in aluminum foil
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes
- When beets are tender enough to be cut, remove from oven
- Carefully open foil and let beets cool
- When you are able to touch them, place each beet in a paper towel and wipe off the outer skin
- Salt, pepper and enjoy in a salad or by themselves!
Beets are high in vitamin C, fiber, potassium and manganese!
One of my favorite salads is spinach, goat cheese, walnuts and beets!